[lug] Redhat 7.0

John Karns jkarns at csd.net
Sun Oct 22 16:52:46 MDT 2000

On Sun, 22 Oct 2000, Matt Clauson was reputed to have said:

> You know, as a die-hard (or is that blow-hard) Debian convert (from RH,
> incidentally) I should take offense at that.  But, since I've gotta take my
> boxen down for the install fest...  bah, fuckit.  :P

It was a few years back (shortly after the BLUG started having regular
meetings) that I tried to install Debian.  Admittedly, I didn't really
persist, but gave up after hitting a wall with system hangs while booting
from the "one size fits all" boot disk due to a failing probe by some
driver, so I stuck wih Slackware which gave me different boot disk
confurations to choose from.  I would assume that they are now using a
more sophisticated hardware confguration probing mechanism.