[lug] network solutions replacement

Ken Kinder ken at kenkinder.com
Mon Oct 23 17:04:17 MDT 2000

Register.com is very nice. I work at a hosting company, and whenever there's
some bottom-basement one we have to move someone over on, we all sigh. Not
that there isn't exceptions, but register.com is generally the least hassle
in terms of quickly and easily (with some degree of security) changing DNS
information.

They've also been helpful when - oh say - their old ISP filled themselves
out as the administrative contacts, not the actual webmasters. They were
responsive enough to get in contact with the old ISP and have things correct.

register.com good
network solutions SUCKS
tucows is okay
90% of the others take forever to get anything done.

On Mon, Oct 23, 2000 at 04:55:52PM -0600, Andrew Diederich wrote:
> (I could have sworn I saw this on the list before, but couldn't find
> anything in the archives.)
>
> I just got the 30 day warning email from the Internic, and thought I should
> get off my duff and look for a replacement.  Does anyone have a favorite?
> I'm not terribly concerned with price, just finding one that has some sane
> practices and support.  Register.com gets mentioned every once in a while,
> plus the European one whose name escapes me.  Any suggestions?
>
> --
> Andrew Diederich
> This opinion is mine on Tuesdays.

Ken Kinder