[lug] A-network-card-hunting.

Chris Riddoch socket at peakpeak.com
Mon Oct 30 21:22:22 MST 2000

Yet more hardware adventures.

I got a Netgear FA311 at CompUSA today because it said "Linux" on the
box.  Had I known better, I wouldn't have.  I'll be returning it
tomorrow.

Can somebody recommend a decent PCI network card for under $40 that I
could get somewhere locally (CompUSA would natually be convenient), is
supported in kernels newer than 2.0.36, and not likely to become
unsupported anytime soon?

Lessons learned: Just because it says "Linux" on the box doesn't mean
it's worth its weight in salt.  And it's only 90 grams.  Hrmph.

--
Chris Riddoch
socket at peakpeak.com