[lug] FW: HELP!

Aaron Crane aaron.crane at pobox.com
Tue Oct 31 18:55:16 MST 2000

"Atkinson, Chip" <CAtkinson at Circadence.com> writes:
> > you still need both your kernel and the relevant file-system to be
> > LFS-aware if you want to actually read and write large files.  As far as
> > I can tell, that isn't the case for ext2fs on 2.2.x kernels, though it
> > does seem to work for block devices.
>
> From your last comment it appears that one must find another type of file
> system than ext2fs if running on a 2.2.x kernel.  Is that true?

Well, it's certainly my experience that ext2fs under 2.2.x _won't_ do large
files.  However, I'm afraid I don't know which filesystems will (if any).
That said, I have a vague recollection that ReiserFS does large files; you
may find that they have a port to 2.2.x.

--
Aaron Crane   <aaron.crane at pobox.com>   <URL:http://pobox.com/~aaronc/>