[lug] How do you run a logout script under Gnome?

J. Wayde Allen wallen at lug.boulder.co.us
Thu Nov 2 09:24:46 MST 2000

On Wed, 1 Nov 2000, Glenn Murray wrote:

> Unfortunately, scripts I put into /etc/gdm/PostSession are not run,
> nor are edits I make to the Default file, (when I logout and select
> "Reboot" from the gdm System menu).
>
> All I'm trying to do here is to have a script run when I click "Yes"
> on the Gnome logout dialog or when I select "Reboot" or "Halt" from
> the gdm System menu.  It's hard to believe that I would have to wrap
> all of Gnome or gdm to do this, but maybe it's so!

Hmmm ... I've never actually tried using this.  I just noticed that this
file structure was there, so can't help much more than just letting you
know of its existence.

My impression was that these scripts were to be run when gdm starts or
stops a session (in other words when a user logs in or out).  It sounds
like what you are looking for is something at a higher level such as when
gdm itself is shut down.  In that case, I'd take a look at
/etc/init.d/gdm .

- Wayde
  (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)