[lug] How do you run a logout script under Gnome?

Glenn Murray gmurray at Mines.EDU
Wed Nov 1 22:35:12 MST 2000

On Mon, 30 Oct 2000, Wayde Allen wrote:

> There should be a GDM config directory.  On my Debian system it is
> /etc/gdm.  Inside this there are several subdirectories, and I think that
> what you are looking for is /etc/gdm/PostSession.  On my machine, there is
> a /etc/gdm/PostSession/Default file that is executed when you close a
> session.  For more info take a look at the man page (man gdm).

Unfortunately, scripts I put into /etc/gdm/PostSession are not run,
nor are edits I make to the Default file, (when I logout and select
"Reboot" from the gdm System menu).

All I'm trying to do here is to have a script run when I click "Yes"
on the Gnome logout dialog or when I select "Reboot" or "Halt" from
the gdm System menu.  It's hard to believe that I would have to wrap
all of Gnome or gdm to do this, but maybe it's so!

Thanks for any help,
Glenn