[lug] CD Oddity

David Morris boru at frii.com
Mon Nov 13 18:55:55 MST 2000

On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, Scott A. Herod wrote:

> It could be the result of a utility that some window toolkit
> wants to place in your Autostart directory.  Look in your
> Desktop/Autostart directory and see if you have a file,
> "Autorun.kdelnk".  It probably has something like:
>
> Exec=/bin/bash -c "tt=`/sbin/pidof autorun`;if test -O /dev/console -a
> x$tt=x -a -x /usr/bin/autorun;then /usr/bin/autorun --interval=1000
> --cdplayer=/usr/bin/kscd & fi"
>
> in it.  If so, that's probably your culprit.  Do a "ps -auxwww" to see
> if it is in fact running.

Nice thought, but I happen to know I have no CD players.  I checked
the autostart directory, and it is empty, so that confirms it.  The CD
will also play at totally random times.  I have timed it, and it will
play three times a day sometimes, and other times it will not happen
for a week or more.

--David