[lug] Dual 1Ghz SMP Server Takes "Long Pause"

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Fri Nov 17 18:26:36 MST 2000

On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 06:19:10PM -0700, Rob Riggs wrote:
>I have a couple of Dell 2450 1Ghz SMP servers running Oct. KRUD.
>Both seem to have the really odd problem of taking 40 minute pauses
>when under high load and swapping. The servers respond to pings,

Interestingly enough, we've been running into a situation with one
of our clients where one of the mail machines in their cluster will
hang up for about 20 minutes when sending a 150KB message to 100
people.  At least that seems to be the trigger...  We're still
investigating, but these are running something like KRUD 6.1 with
2.2.12 kernel on single processor boxes...

Syslog on these boxes is going over the net, but we are getting some
"out of memory" errors logged somwhere during this.  You aren't seeing
anything?

Sean
--
 You think your Commodore 64 is really neato.
 What kinda chip you got in there, a Dorito?  -- Weird Al