[lug] Kernel woes & CD Burning

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Nov 27 14:37:34 MST 2000

On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 11:06:04AM -0700, Shannon Johnston wrote:
>(error following). I need SCSI emulation in my kernel in order to get the
>Burner to work. Right now I have kerel 2.2.16-3 installed via RPM. Any
>ideas on how to get my burner working?

Yes, do "modprobe ide-scsi" before doing the burn.  The stock kernel
installed with KRUD-7.0 doesn't require a rebuild to remove the
IDE CD-ROM module, nor does it seem to require the "hdd=ide-scsi"
trick that older releases required.  It just works.  We've burned
around 700 CDs on stock 7.0 boxes with just a "modprobe ide-scsi".

Sean
--
 A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human
 history -- with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.