[lug] Two time-related questions

Mike McCallister workingwriter at email.com
Sun Dec 3 17:30:18 MST 2000

Hi!

As I continue to transition from Windoze, there are two things I'd like to do:

1) Is there any way for the KDE 1.2 clock to display seconds and/or is there
another clock tool that will? I have a third-party toolbar in Windows that has
a second hand. There, of course, I used the second hand to determine whether
the system was hanging. On this side of the partition, it's less of a worry,
but you just get used to things, you know??

2) Here I'm feeling really dumb, but I suspect somebody here knows what app
(or process) to use to synch my clock with NIST's. I've connected to the FTP
site, but I'm guessing all those .exes are for Windows. What do I do here?

As always, many thanks in advance.

  --

Mike McCallister		"The fundamental obligation of a revolutionary
Boulder, CO			is to tell the truth;