[lug] Warning about RTENet.com

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sun Dec 3 21:58:47 MST 2000

On Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 08:05:41PM -0700, Calvin Dodge wrote:
>>  Bush-supporters used physical violence to stop a recount required
>>  by Florida law.
>
>Yep - yelling "let the press in" while county hacks are trying to "recount" the
>votes in secret is definitely a riot.

That's odd.  You're saying that the Bush supporters were *AGAIN* trying
to break the law that their legislation prompted?  The manual recount
is dictated by Florida law, they were filing suits which caused
the the Florida Supreme Court to require that the results of the
manual recount be kept from being disclosed so as to comply with the
republican suits.

>For a report that _doesn't_ come from Al Gore and company, head to
>http://www.jerrypournelle.com/view/riot.html (and no, he's not a big Bush fan).

Have you checked the video of the demonstrations, they're available on the
net...

Sean
--
 I never thought I'd live in a country where physical violence would be used
 to disenfranchise voters.  Have you heard about Bush supporters rioting?