[lug] [application] Debian-based Microship (fwd)

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Tue Dec 5 16:46:43 MST 2000

Bdale just never sleeps, methinks.

Stuff I know he's working on now:

- He's packaging up software to access the new Ham Radio satellite "Phase
  IIID" recently launched, for Debian-Hams

- He maintains the Debian BIND packages (almost always without breaking
  them!  GRIN)

- There's photos of him testing some of the circuit boards
  that are flying on P3D now are in the archives somewhere at
  www.amsat.org

- He also speaks regularly in the ham radio satellite community
  about the virtues of open-source software (they're a very tough crowd...
  much of the ground-station software is Windows-based and either
  shareware or commercial -- which usually means completely closed
  source).

- Hell, he speaks more than just in the sat community, but I'm sure I
  don't know all of the places he's spoken about Linux.

God knows what other projects he has going, but he's always happy to
help someone out in the middle of all that with questions ... I last ran
into him wandering around the Colorado Linux Expo with his laptop helping
folks load Debian.

Nice guy, and I'm very proud that he's in the Colorado Linux community.