[lug] setting # of tcp connections

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Tue Dec 5 17:11:00 MST 2000

You may be able to gleen something from
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/socket.h

Also try the manual pages for listen(2) and tcp(7)

socket.h defines stuff like:

/* Maximum queue length specifiable by listen.  */
#define SOMAXCONN       128

Is that what you're looking for?  I'm no kernel hack, but I wouldn't
assume that it's helpful (or even safe) to increase this parameter
without doing some research first.

--

John Hernandez, Network Engineer --------------------------------------
US Department of Commerce                             tel: 303-497-6392