[lug] setting # of tcp connections

Erick Bodine erick at xpedite.com
Wed Dec 6 12:49:39 MST 2000

I think that I can avoid any heavy kernel hacking by doing the following: /sbin/sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_local_port_range=32768-61000

The reason why::  I was able to convince the powers that be where I work that Linux would be a better platform for fax broadcast business than SCO OpenServer.  (If anyone out there has used SCO for anything industrial they know it would not take much
convincing, never mind that $600x10000+ is infinitely more expensive than $0x10000+)  Unfortunately due to API limitations on Dialogic (Intel company) telephony boards, we have to use an inordinate number of socket connections in the application that
actually makes the calls to delivery the faxes.  Thus my question.

--ERick Bodine