[lug] Remote Mice

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Wed Dec 13 16:40:18 MST 2000

Nate Duehr wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 01:35:06PM -0700, D. Stimits wrote:
> > A logitech cordless I just picked up at CompUSA works great. I'd pick up
> > a keyboard too if I thought they were encrypted.
>
> Interesting point.  Now I *have* to go out and get one just for the
> RECEIVER....
>
> Think of the fun we'll have now.  :)
>
> --
> Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com>

I forget where I saw the web article, but recently some guy was busted
for mob-style loan sharking (or similar). He was apparently very
computer savvy, and had his system so well encrypted that an FBI bust
couldn't extract anything. So they returned his computer to him, but
installed a keyboard tap device to monitor keystrokes. They got all his
passwords and went right in like an open book. Cordless keyboards are a
fantastic aid to such things. Supposedly they use a serial number so
they don't interfere with other cordless mice and keyboards; but that
makes for a nice radio selector too.