[lug] vmware q's

Jarosko, Bill Bill_Jarosko at adc.com
Tue Dec 19 09:15:42 MST 2000

It appears to the network that the virtual machine is a machine all it's own.  Using samba from the virtual linux box you'd be able to use any of the shares from windows.  So no they act independent of each other.

Megamemory, I would recommend it. Just for speeds sake. But it is also relitive to what megamemory is.  Under linux I work just fine in windows with the box only having 256M.

Since Vmware made the recent changes, I don't know what express is but I'd assume it's a new name on the old product.