[lug] vmware q's

celttechie (Brian Jarrett) celttechie at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 19 09:19:08 MST 2000

VMWare has several networking settings, actually.  You can choose to have
VMWare emulate a second adapter for Windows in the system that has its own
MAC address and gets its own IP address if you are using DHCP.  Or you can
tell it to emulate an adapter that has its own subnet with the VMWare host
so only the host and the Windows system have their own private network
together.  I've not ever tried this second approach, I've always set it up
the first way so I have two connections to the local network, one from Linux
and one for the _other_ OS.