[lug] vmware q's

John Karns jkarns at csd.net
Tue Dec 19 11:16:04 MST 2000

On Tue, 19 Dec 2000, celttechie (Brian Jarrett) was reputed to have said:

> VMWare has several networking settings, actually.  You can choose to have
> VMWare emulate a second adapter for Windows in the system that has its own
> MAC address and gets its own IP address if you are using DHCP.  Or you can
> tell it to emulate an adapter that has its own subnet with the VMWare host
> so only the host and the Windows system have their own private network
> together.  I've not ever tried this second approach, I've always set it up

The 1st approach works fine on my desktop machine, but I have a problem
with the laptop for the virtual adapter, W98 shows a driver for
netbeui but not for IP.  It's config'd for samba also, so I am able to
xfer files via samba between filesystems, but I stumped as to why it
refuses to fxn with IP.  Haven't taken too much time to research via the
news or the VMWare beyond about 1/2 hr. though.

John Karns                                              jkarns at csd.net
Bogota, Colombia                                  Voice: 57-1-341-0300