[lug] Maybe Linux on an Epod?

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Jan 2 00:45:36 MST 2001

On Tue, Dec 12, 2000 at 10:39:26AM -0700, Bonnell, Doug wrote:
>Is there a Linux kernel for MIPS? Might be a fun machine to tinker with:
>     http://www.epodsinc.com/corporate/index2.html

Yes, MIPS is fairly well supported.  The original Cobalt boxes were MIPS,
IIRC.  Ditto for the empeg car stero.

It has PCMCIA -- if they supported wireless LAN instead of only modem, I'd
probably get one...  Unfortunately, because they seem to be using a marketing
strategy similar to iOpener, they aren't likely to do that anytime soon.
They mention wireless in the FAQ, but I suspect it'll be one of those
cheapo "modem extender" things (meaning you still dial up) instead of
802.11.

Sean
--
 What country is lead by the son of the past leader, former head of the
 secret police, whos brother governs the state that could tip the vote?