[lug] Kpilot & RH 7

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Thu Jan 11 14:19:30 MST 2001

Running 'strace kpilot' as root could also provide some clues.

"D. Stimits" wrote:

> Shannon Johnston wrote:
> >
> > Let me re-open this posting with a new question.
> > I'm running RH 7 and KDE2.0
> > Every time I try to enter information the program crashes. Does anybody
> > know where an error log might reside so that I can find out what's going
> > on?
> >
> > Shannon
> >

> Try this...on the command line at the application directory, assuming
> its name is literally "kpilot" (I don't know the app), see what libs it
> wants:
> ldd kpilot
>
> Then as root, see what libs are available:
> ldconfig -p | less
>
> If you find a mismatch between what it wants, and what is provided,
> you'll know what to upgrade or downgrade.
>
> I doubt there are any logs per se, but a core file could be generated.
> It won't do much good unless you have the source and want to run it in a
> debugger.

John Hernandez, Network Engineer --------------------------------------
US Department of Commerce                             tel: 303-497-6392
NOAA/OAR - Mailstop R/OM12                            fax: 303-497-6005
325 Broadway                            e-mail: John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Boulder, CO 80303                               http://boulder.noaa.gov