[lug] KRUD disk upgrade

Atkinson, Chip CAtkinson at Circadence.com
Thu Jan 18 16:53:34 MST 2001

You should be able to use text mode just fine.  At the lilo prompt, type in
"text" sans quotes of course.  That drops you into text mode.

-----Original Message-----
From: G R [mailto:sparling at rintintin.colorado.edu]
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2001 4:47 PM
To: lug at lug.boulder.co.us
Subject: Re: [lug] KRUD disk upgrade

> On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 05:59:27PM -0700, G R wrote:

> >i recently acquired 2 krud CDs. during install (after the

> >install/upgrade screen) CD one provides only a blue screen.

> >it does not go on to the next stage on install.

> As Evelyn mentioned, it could be a bad disc. Is this when doing

> a text-mode install or graphics? Text-mode has been pretty stable,

> and the background is blue, so I'm guessing that's the problem. You've

> tried it more than once, just in case there was something weird

> happening the first time.

> Sean

Sean,

i received new disks and this is still happening. i don't understand text
mode; i do not have that option. my choices listed on the install screen
are:

Local CDROM; NFS Image; Hard Drive;

FTP. this is happening right at the beginning of the install process (just
after 'do you have a color monitor' , i hit ok and have the choices i listed
above.