[lug] Bareline Feeds in FTP.

John Starkey jstarkey at advancecreations.com
Sun Jan 21 15:08:02 MST 2001

The way he puts it:

230 WARNING: 222 Bareline feeds

But I figured he was talking about bare linefeeds. But then it confused
me. Why would ws_ftp be complaining about linefeeds. It's sending data,
it's not a text editor or WP. And I don't know what a "bare" linefeed is.

I do know that Windoze and Unix vary on carriage/linefeed issues. Maybe
it's related. I just transfered a text file and no errors. (Same server).

Think it would have to do with the WYSIWYG HTML edittor he's using?
Someone just told me they had homesite set up to save for UNIX. So I was
thinking it's related to the CR/LF issue.

So would a bare linfeed be one without the Carriage Return?

Thanks,

John