[lug] suse and sshd

Deva Samartha blug-nospam at mtbwr.net
Thu Jan 25 12:46:26 MST 2001

I went on their website http://www.suse.de  and entered openssh on the left
column search field. The first URL in the result gave:

http://www.suse.de/de/support/security/2000_047_openssh_txt.txt

which shows all the openssh upgrades for their distro's.

The ftp site is - in my opinion clearly structured. For 7.0, you get all
the stuff there:

ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/7.0/suse/

The only trick you may want to use is to cd to suse under the version (7.0)
to get to the individual directories.

the last directory in there: zq1 has the source rpms.

to find, which application is in which directory, do a search in YAST on
your system.

At 11:02 AM 1/25/01 -0700, you wrote:
>All change is difficult - and so is trying a different distro.  I am using
>SUSE
>7.0 and am trying to install (rebuild) the latest openssh srpm from

I think, the "latest" is the problem here

>openssh.com.  I would have gone for a simpler one but couldn't find it on
>suse's
>site.  Frankly I can't find anything useful on their ftp site.

see above

Maybe you just need to spend some time on their site to find your way
around. For me to find anything on RH - forget it. I'd go to SuSE ;-)

If you want the tar of my ssh source - I can email you the bzipped compiled
directory (2 M).

Samartha