[lug] Ooops

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Fri Jan 26 17:22:29 MST 2001

Do fdisk -l /dev/hdb and see what you get as output.

Then try and mount (check the man page for info on usage), the
partitions on some sort of mount point.

Was the hard drive being used in some capacity under windows
previously?  If it wasn't, windows will offer to reformat any drive that
isn't fat16,fat32,ntfs formatted, so that's no surprise.

Hugh