[lug] X FontPaths

John Starkey jstarkey at advancecreations.com
Wed Jan 31 13:00:39 MST 2001

Hello All.

I'm on attempt number 3 at setting up X. I've had it running, and like it,
but I just can't get it to jive with my work. Now it's been a while and I
can't get the FontPath working.

When starting X it's dieing with a message "failed to set default
font path 'unix/:-1'"

This doesn't look like a path to me :} Can anyone tell me what it
means?

Then the next problem. I've changed the font path to a dir,
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts and it's not changing the above value. I renamed
all but one XF86Config (/etc/X11/XF86Config) and did a locate which isn't
returning any other copies. Yet the font path isn't changing. Anyone know
what else could be feeding the 'unix/:-1' value to X?

Thanks.

John