[lug] Inexpensive low-end pentium computers?

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Jan 31 14:47:57 MST 2001

On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 10:53:06AM -0700, Keith Herold wrote:
>Might try computer renaissance as well.

Does Computer Renissance have any reasonable deals at all on used stuff?
They seem to have a good selection of cables and cable adapters, which is
why I usually go to them.  However, they've generally not impressed me.
Things like wanting $100 for 16MB of 36-pin RAM, $100 for fairly cheesy
cases.  Or the time I tried to buy some RAM there and they required me to
sign this waiver saying that I couldn't return the RAM if I had any problems
with it because I might have zapped it.

That waiver incident was the last time I was there.  I ended up going to
Best Buy and found the RAM there was significantly cheaper *AND* they
wouldn't have a problem with me returning it if I had any problems...

Sure, I understand that they might have a lot of problems with people
destroying RAM, but I would think they'd get a better response with giving
out those 3M one-time use wrist straps and giving explaining how to
ground yourself instead of explaining this waiver...

Sean
--
 You know you're in Canada when:  A radio advertisement comes on advertising
 "Buy a case of beer, get a free touque."