[lug] [OT] New Mobo Questions

Bonnell, Doug DBonnell at BreeceHill.com
Mon Feb 5 10:27:24 MST 2001

You're thinking slot A rather than socket A? The K7A is a for the slot A
processor, not
the Duron/Thunderbird.

The UDMA 100 drives require a special cable. The Asus A7v supplies two sets
of IDE
channels, one for UDMA 100 and one for 33/66. You can use the standard 40
pin cables
with the slower channels.

AMD recommends a 300W supply for all Athlon class processors. It's not just
for
overclocking.

Hope this helps....

Doug Bonnell