[lug] [OT] New Mobo Questions

Bonnell, Doug DBonnell at BreeceHill.com
Mon Feb 5 10:56:33 MST 2001

OK, that makes sense now. You can save a bit on
the old slot A processors, but not enough to use
one in my opinion.

As always, there is a "next big thing" that is almost
available. It's the motherboards that can support
133Mhz FSB. This DDRs to 266Mhz for the Athlon
CPU.

The Asus A7v133 is the latest version of the A7v and
supports 133Mhz. The thing is, you need an Athlon
CPU that works at 266Mhz. This is the " -C "
version of the processor and they aren't available just
yet. Speculation is they will start showing up on the
market in the next couple of weeks. If the price isn't
too much more, then a " -C " would be the way to
go. The motherboard is about $20 more for 133/266.

I'm in the same boat. I have a nice new Antec case
and I'm waiting for the -C CPUs to showup.

Regards,

Doug Bonnell