[lug] df -h question

Atkinson, Chip CAtkinson at Circadence.com
Mon Feb 5 14:02:50 MST 2001

Ok, here's another idea.  A file is getting huge and as you remove files it
grows to fill available space.  By any chance is /var/log,
/var/spool/mqueue, /var/spool/mail on any of them?  One thing I do to track
down these problems is
du -k | sort -n > /someotherpartition/dustats
Then I look at the end where the files are huge.

Chip