[lug] df -h question

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Mon Feb 5 16:12:46 MST 2001

Something I have had happen to me in a similar situation was that the
partition was overfull (linux reserves 5% to allow you to move around
and do stuff in situations like this).  So, part of the 5% had been
eaten away, so I had to keep removing things before I saw things clear
up.

There may also be an open file that got deleted, but is still open.  Can
you umount the partition?  If you can't you probably have some open
files, use lsof or fuser to give you more info.

Hugh