[lug] Checking memory

John Starkey jstarkey at advancecreations.com
Mon Feb 5 22:33:02 MST 2001

Hello all.

I have an el cheapo 200MHz machine here and I wanna use it for some low
usage simple processes.

What's the best way to find the memory usage of 24x7 processes?

I wanna clear the current machines memory for gnome but I don't wanna move
the internals.

Any suggestions as to what I should move to that machine? Would putting
apache and proftpd on there and using nfs to get the files defeat the
purpose?

Also, speed isn't a huge issue. This is just a low usage dev server. At
most 5 people are using it at once, mainly ssh/vi/apache.

Thanks,

John