[lug] Emacs with Telnet?

Andrew Reberry Andrew.Reberry at colorado.edu
Wed Feb 7 15:40:55 MST 2001

Hello all,

I have grown accustomed to a few things in XEmacs, but can't get the same
functionality out of the regular emacs application.  The two things I am
pondering are below:

1) I really like the colored tags XEmacs gives me when editing HTML, PERL
and so on.  However, I can not get the colored tags when editing these
documents with regular emacs.   Is the color just a part of XEmacs, or is
there a way to turn it on in the normal Emacs?

2) One other small thing that is a bit annoying when doing any editing in
emacs is the selection process.  Sure I know how to set the mark, point and
manipulate the region, but is there a way to use my *mouse* to select and
kill text when in a text-only terminal?  I am not sure, but would think this
might be possible.

Thanks.

Andrew Reberry
reberrya at colorado.edu