[lug] @home mail failures - isp alternatives?

Trever C. Trader ttrader at treveronline.com
Thu Feb 8 18:24:33 MST 2001

ATT @Home service uses very poor DNS servers.  I decided after many times
of not being able to use name resolution to build my own /etc/resolv.conf

I use the DNS servers of some ISP's back in Illinois where a friend
works.  I haven't had a problem since.  There is a command within 'pump'
that will allow you to tell it to not rebuild the resolv.conf when you
pole the DHCP server for your IP info; that was essential otherwise the
resolv.conf get's re-written after every reboot.

As far as e-mail goes, I have sendmail setup on my box and also use
hotmail.

-trever