[lug] wireless lan problems

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Fri Feb 9 14:07:10 MST 2001

On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 04:44:02PM -0700, Ferdinand Schmid wrote:
>I don't care as long as I can have a separate configuration for my wired
>lan and wireless lan.  Currently it picks up eth0, which is my wired lan
>configuration.  My access point doesn't support that address range so I
>would like to have the wireless setup to go to eth2.

In /etc/pcmcia/network.opts, you can have it do different things
based on the MAC address of the card you put in.  I have used this
in the past to give different IPs based on wether I'm using my home
or work wireless card, or wired cards, etc...

   case "$HWADDR" in
       00:90:D1*)
          [...]

For some of the messages you're getting, try doing "depmod -a" to get rid
of them.

Sean
--
 Your e-mail has been returned due to insufficient voltage.