[lug] can't unlink?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Feb 9 16:24:24 MST 2001

>>>>> "Scott" == "Scott A Herod" <herod at interact-tv.com> writes:

Scott> Hello, I've got a file on my hard drive that I cannot delete.

Scott> I've even now got the machine booted from the RH cdrom in
Scott> rescue mode and mounted the hard drive on /tmp/drv and still it
Scott> says that it can't unlink the file.  This is on a machine that
Scott> has a standard RH install.  Any suggestions?

it might have the immutable bit set...

try doing:

chattr -i filename

see man chattr and man lsattr. ;)

Scott> Thanks,
Scott> Scott

Scott> P.S. On another topic, one person here just told me that the
Scott> reason another machine is ill is because it is impossible to
Scott> run to two \ different ethernet drivers on the same box.  (Two
Scott> different chips on separate cards.)  Does that make sense?

Well, the asertion makes sense, but it's wrong.

Any two (or more) ethernet cards should work fine if they are
supported and configured right.

kevin
--
Kevin Fenzi