[lug] Redhat 7.1 beta and RieserFS

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Mon Feb 12 18:44:39 MST 2001

I just ran a RH 7.1 beta install, worked quite nicely. There were some
quirks in the 7.0 that made me decide to not use it on my main machine,
but I'm thinking this is working nicely and will probably put my main on
7.1 also. However, I was thinking that 7.1 was supposed to support
RieserFS during the install, and could never find out how. Does anyone
here know if ReiserFS is supposed to be included with RH 7.1? I suspect
that part of the problem is that it is a 2.4.0-0.99 kernel, and the
default support is supposed to be for 2.4.1+ (the patchlevel of
2.4.0-0.99 is why it seems possible that RH included it).

Also, has anyone heard if there is support for gamma settings in XFree86
4.0.2? I recall seeing something but can't figure out where.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com