[lug] wireless lan problems

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Feb 14 16:44:19 MST 2001

On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 04:35:12PM -0700, Ferdinand Schmid wrote:
>I tried this and found out that for some reason this network.opts file must
>not be considered.  I tried all kinds of tricks and read the PCMCIA howto.

Hmm, ok...  I use it and it works quite nicely.  Well, at the moment I just
have it firing off DHCP since I have that available on both home and work
networks, but in the past I've set it up to pull various IPs based on the
type of card that's inserted...

>At this point I have the card inserted, can't set the channel - but the card
>reports that it found my access point (it lists the correct AP MAC
>address).  But I still can't ping the AP.

I set up my AP with DHCP, and it just works.  Well, unless I try to do
the WEP stuff.  Haven't gotten that working yet.

Sean
--
 "When you first started at Pacific Tech you were well on your way to becoming
 another Einstein and then you know what happened?"  "I got a haircut?"