[lug] Apache config

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Thu Feb 15 18:20:03 MST 2001

Kyle,
It seems that I always need an odd configuration for a web server.  In the
older days I needed SSL, which wasn't part of the standard distro in those
days and now I seem to have unique requirements for my java hosting setup.
At the same time I don't seem to need common features like php.  If I could
find everything I need in the rpms I would go that way - rpm -Uvh is sooo
convenient for upgrades!  As it stands the custom compile worked better for
me every single time and it is really easy to do that.  One thing I do
though is keep all detailed notes of my compile and keep the configuration
files in case I need to make changes later.  That compressed tarball is
easy enough to archive.

Ferdinand