[lug] Apache config

Justin glow at jackmoves.com
Thu Feb 15 13:05:31 MST 2001

I have always done it by source and compiled support in (ssl, php,
perl, sql, ldap sometimes). The rpm's never seemed to have everything I
needed. Plus, when compiling from source I always knew exactly where
the installation was going and where setup files were, etc. Upgrading
of course is a different story, in fact I've yet to tackle that with my
apache anyways. I've had problems with rpm's with other software as
well, I choose to install from source for most of my major software
pieces (apache, bind, ssh, postfix, sql, etc).

Justin