[lug] Linux sysctl() Kernel Memory Reading Vulnerability

Justin glow at jackmoves.com
Thu Feb 15 15:46:45 MST 2001

Well my boxes do meet the requirements you mentioned, although getting
the patch in seems like a sketchy process. I noticed the exploit was
local too, would users connected to the box via ssh or telnet be
considered local? One of the machines is a shell server which has users
connected to it 24/7. However, I don't suspect any of my users would
try to exploit the box, I don't want to overlook a potential security
hole. Thanks for your help...

Justin