[lug] Email address harvesting at lug?

Ken Weinert kenw at ihs.com
Fri Feb 16 11:15:25 MST 2001

Hear Ye, Hear Ye, listen as The Voice of Experience speaks:

*Don't* make the mistake I did and type the address from memory and put
"sexyfun.com" into your browser window.

That site most definately *is* a pron site - one of the real annoying
ones that tie into your kill button and all. And the more you try to get
out, the more windows it opens - I had to go to another desktop and
"killall -9 netscape" to finally get out it.

And, just for the record, when you're at work in an open cubicle plan
you just can't type that command fast enough.

Thus has The Voice of Experience spoken.

--
Ken Weinert   kenw at ihs.com 303-858-6956 (V) 303-705-4258 (F)
GnuPG KeyID: 9274F1CE           GnuPG available at http://www.gnupg.org/