[lug] mrtg to watch eth0

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Feb 21 18:04:03 MST 2001

On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 06:56:27AM -0700, Alan Robertson wrote:
>On the other hand, MRTG really likes SNMP.  I've done it both ways.  The
>Linux SNMP daemons are pretty cool, and can tell you all kinds of cool
>things that you might want to graph.

And by default don't they tell that to everone that asks?

SNMP is cool, but the first time I set it all up, it took a reasonably
serious amount of time -- a few hours to get it all talking...  We use
it for a lot now, and I probably did more research than was required just
to get it functioning...  I'd probably use a script (if there isn't already
one) to just set it up on one box though.  I'm all for learning something
new though.

Sean
--
 If I built a talking Barbie, it would say "Date math is hard."
                 -- Sean Reifschneider, 2000