[lug] wireless lan problems - solved

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Feb 21 18:05:37 MST 2001

On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 09:53:24AM -0700, Ferdinand Schmid wrote:
>I still have two issues with my DLink AP - annoyances, not problems:
>- It only seems to like the 192.168.0.x network and I simply wasn't able to
>get it to take a 10.1.1.x address.

Doh, that's going to be a problem.  The Addtron one simply asks the
wired net for the IP to use.

>- I never got the WEP working properly - not even under Windows.  So far
>that hasn't bothered me because I mostly use the wireless network to access
>the Internet so at this point I consider the wireless lan public as well.

Couldn't get it working on the Adtron either.

>At this point I haven't experimented with the AP configured through DHCP or
>BOOTP.  The manual claims that is the preferred way.  Since you seem to run
>DHCP things may work better with your setup.

I hope so.  Hopefully it will show up tomorrow.  Today there was only a hard
drive in the post.  ;-)

Sean
--
 Charlie Brown peddles his body for crack money while stealing Social Security
 checks and boosting automobiles in "BLAME IT ON THE MAN, CHARLIE BROWN."