[lug] Automatically Designating Owner/Group

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Sat Feb 24 21:04:19 MST 2001

A file is created with the ownership of the uid creating it.  You can
modify group ownership by creating a file that has setgid on the
directory in which it is created.  Otherwise, you need some sort of
software to change it.

logrotate for instance has a directive that you can use to determine
uid:gid.

Hugh