[lug] Cutting and Pasting..

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Fri Mar 2 16:48:08 MST 2001

Amen.  I'm constantly frustrated by this, too.  Most of the time, when I don't need to hold things in the buffer for very long, I just use the highlight + middle button to paste trick.  But cut/copy/paste buffers seem far from consistent between apps.  I guess the problem stems from the basic UNIX philosophy of freedom to choose toolkits and so forth.  Both a blessing and a curse.  I won't even attempt to propose a solution.  Sigh...