[lug] CD-RW recommendations?

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Mar 5 10:22:39 MST 2001

On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 08:29:59AM -0700, stevecoffin at earthlink.net wrote:
>I'm about ready to buy a CD-RW....  Anyone have any recommendations
>or comments on what to get for Linux use?  Any obvious gotchas or
>danger zones to look for?  Any comments appreciated....

I've had pretty bad luck with the Plextor drives.  They're great when they
work, but their support has been a pain in the butt if it fails.  I've
been fairly happy with the Mitsumi IDE drives, they're cheap and have been
fairly reliable for me.  We also have some Panasonic SCSI drives that
have been ok.  We've had one of 4 fail, with 1 of 5 Mitsumi drives failing
(but the Mitsumis have burned 2x or 3x as many discs).

Sean
--
 The First Rule of Program Optimization: Don't do it.
 The Second Rule of Program Optimization (For experts only): Don't do it yet.