[lug] lne100tx (still trying)

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Tue Mar 6 15:31:42 MST 2001

John Starkey wrote:

> Actually I know my problem is in the kernel headers. Stephen's was what I was
> referring to. I was trying to do a quick compile for him on my machine to see
> if i could help narrow it down last night.
>
> I have 3 tulips and use the kernel for all of them but none of them are Linksys
> so I can't really help too much. My question that you are replying to, though,
> was kinda a shot in the dark since I don't see any ref to the glibc. But it's
> gotta be in there somewhere, right? Is it possible to compile a driver without
> them?

I know nothing about the tulip driver, but there are a few gotchas that
might be involved. First, since the kernel source is being referenced,
and parts of it are altered by kernel make menuconfig (or whatever
config), having the kernel configured correctly, including prerequisites
for the driver, is mandatory. Headers will end up reporting missing or
undefined prototypes if this isn't done. Second, the driver should be
compiled with kgcc for those quirky RH distributions, since modules are
part of kernel source, which the modules will end up being loaded by.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com