[lug] pcmcia support for networking

Michael J. Pedersen marvin at keepthetouch.org
Sat Mar 10 10:26:52 MST 2001

On Sat, Mar 10, 2001 at 09:07:21AM -0700, Timothy Klein wrote:
> I got pcmcia working fine on 2.2.18.  It was an option under
> 'General Setup' and then 'PCMCIA/Cardbus support' under a make
> menuconfig for 2.4.1.  I also know it is an option in the Debian 2.2r0 install,
> which uses a 2.2.16 kernel, so it is there.  I just don't have one of
> those kernel source trees around to see if the option is around.
>
> But yes, there is a separate place where pcmcia must be enabled to see
> any of those cards under networking.

You are, of course, correct. It is a part of the kernel under 2.4.x. The main
reason that I know it's not a direct part of the 2.2.x kernel is that I always
roll my own from the standard source, and when I had a laptop, it was not an
option to enable pcmcia support until after I downloaded and installed the
pcmcia-cs patch from pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net.

--
Michael J. Pedersen
My GnuPG KeyID: 4E724A60        My Public Key Available At: wwwkeys.pgp.net