[lug] CVS access only

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Mar 14 20:33:59 MST 2001

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 06:53:28PM -0700, Scott A. Herod wrote:
>  My thought is to give them /etc/passwd accounts with shells
>set to a /bin/sh script which simply echo's "No login allowed".

If that allows the SSH CVS to run, it will allow them to run other
commands too.  YOu can use ssh RSA keys and set the command run so
that it's limited to only the CVS command.  This is on more recent
OpenSSH releases.  See "AUTHORIZED_KEYS FILE FORMAT" in the sshd
man page.

Sean
--
 Follow the dream, not the competition.