[lug] source rpm dependencies

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu Mar 15 15:11:51 MST 2001

On Thu, Mar 15, 2001 at 02:43:06PM -0700, Nate Duehr wrote:
>This is where I love dpkg.  "bash - provides sh".
>Go Debian!  :-) hahaha...

As if RPM doesn't have that...  It would seem that the SRPM that's being
built is broken (at least from a RedHat standpoint).  Is there some sort
of pre-req in the .spec file that is asking for /bin/sh?  What is the
result of "rpm -qf /bin/sh" on that machine?

I rebuild nearly everything from SRPM, and really haven't seen this problem,
except when somone had the wrong pre-reqs in the .spec file.  Install the
SRPM, then look in it's spec file in /usr/src/redhat/SPECS

Sean
--
 Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean
 it's useless.  -- T. Edison